Quick post here … The Bend Brew Fest starts today and ends tomorrow. It is being held at the Les Schwab Amphitheater. I’ve had several people asking me what the highlights will be at the Bend Brew Fest. I’ve also received comments on how lazy I’ve been in posting lately. In an effort to appease these people who’ve never heard of Google before, here’s the fruits of 20 minutes of research combined with my own personal winners:
- Great Divide Brewing – Yeti Imperial Stout
and Titan IPA(99th and 96th percentile on Ratebeer respectively). Make sure to get the Yeti. It is an amazing beer.
- New Old Lompoc – C-Note and LSD. These were there last year if I remember correctly, and if I do, they’re pretty hoppy (i.e. don’t kill your palette with these up front)
- Wildfire Brewing – Support your new local brewery (Pale and a Golden)
- Butte Creek Brewing – Pass on the pils, devour the Organic Revolution X (Imperial IPA)
- Anderson Valley – If they’re pouring the Hop Ottin IPA … get on it. Just wait until later in your list, as the hop bitterness will destroy your ability to taste tamer beers
- Ninkasi Brewing – Beers TBD, but they were among the first to run out last year for a reason.
- Klamath Basin Brewing – Never had their stuff, so must try it. (Golden and IPA)
Redstone Meadery – Only mead there … for something different to fall back on. (Black Raspberry and Honey mead made with Apricot nectar)
So there you have it readers … hit print, go drink, don’t blame me if you didn’t like them. I’ll be there opening day in the ProMash hat and Giant Robot shirt. Feel free to come buy, say hi, and buy me a beer.
Note: It would appear that the print version of the beer list found in The Source (used to fuel the picks above) is incorrect. Redstone Meadery was a no show, and Great Divide only brought the Yeti (still … my favorite beer at the fest). Apologies.